02 March 2009

name-my-painting contest.

I just finished a new original painting on 12x12" stretched canvas;

I edited the photos and was ready to create my listing,
and had everything ready to welcome it to my shop
except one crucial thing:
a name.

I probably have the hardest time naming my work.
Sometimes it comes easy; other times, it's the most difficult part of the entire process.

So after a chat with Belinda,
I concluded that the best solution was to let my bloggers help me decide...
And since it's been a while since I've given away free stuff,
this calls for a steppie contest giveaway!


{ The Untitled Painting }



So, here's the break-down of how it'll all work;


{ 1 } Take your best shot at naming the painting above!
( it's ok to come up with more than one
as long as the name hasn't already been submitted )

{ 2 } Comment to this post with your submissions!
+ get them in by this friday (march 6th)
+ be sure to include your e-mail

{ 3 } Come back to my blog on Monday, March 9th:
+ to find out what name submission i have chosen!
+ to find the link to the new listing

want my blogs sent straight to your inbox?
see the widget on the right-hand side!



Aside from bragging rights, the participant with the chosen name will win:

+ an exclusive 6x6" archival art print of this very painting,
before i even release it in my shop!

+ surprise freebies included in your package;
this can include my greeting cards, postcards, buttons...
it's a surprise -- that's the best part!

+ shout out on my blog and on the item listing for naming the painting.
if you've got your own etsy shop, this is free exposure!



While I enjoy simplicity, I am also a fan of funky, out-of-the-box names. So get creative, good luck, and I cannot wait to hear what names you all come up with!

xoxo,
Steppie
http://steppie.etsy.com

P.S. If any of you would like to feature this contest giveaway on your own blog, please feel free to do so! Send me a link to the post, and I will also feature your blog on Monday's post!
blog comments powered by Disqus